Rohit is an experienced marketer, and learning book promotion quickly.
His post How Malcolm Gladwell Proved There Is Such A Thing As Karma shared some thing new authors learn when doing on site promotions:
Doing that, I learned a couple of big lessons:
- Boxes of books are heavy. It pays to get them sent directly to a venue if you can.
- The first moment when you sign a set of books, you really feel like an author.
- Everyone wants a signed copy of a book. Somehow, that makes a free book a lot better.
- And, to refer back to the title of this post, there is such a thing as karma.
You can also learn from Rohit’s promotion
- In the Internet age, live event’s can work
- Us events that target thought leaders and influencer’s
- Be ready for the serendipity that comes from being an author
To learn how going a little bit further to share your book, great things can happen, read Rohit’s blog post